Amazon Physical Stores is more start-up than big-company, a group of entrepreneurial, analytical, and creative leaders with innovation at our core. We’re pushing the state of the art in helping customers shop in engaging, fast, and safe ways. We tackle this from multiple perspectives: customer-facing digital experiences, store fixtures, associate tools, operation support and insights, and more. To date we’ve created stores that let you use an app to enter, take what you want from our fresh selection, and go (Amazon Go); a smart shopping cart that uses computer vision algorithms and sensor fusion to let you skip the checkout line (Amazon Dash Cart); and contactless services that let you pay, enter or identify yourself (Amazon One). We’re looking for an amazing UX Designer to help shape what’s next.
As a UX Designer for Amazon Physical Stores, you will be part of a team that owns the user experience for thousands of Amazon associates and the tools they rely on daily. You may also be responsible for customer facing products during the shopping journey such as point of sale interactions and merchandising offers and shelf labels.
- Design and tools and optimize workflows for our grocery store associates.
- Dive Deep with in-store observations to identify process improvements.
- Work with multiple stakeholders to define, design and document well constructed UIs and UX.
- Presentation to executive leadership.
- Setting the vision for the future of grocery store workers and how they interact with technology.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating breadth and depth in UX and visual design. This should also include approach and process.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design, industrial design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
- 3+ years of experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, information architect, Service designer or similar
- Experience creating services and applications with multiple user touch points on different platforms and devices.
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, AfterEffects, etc.
- Fluency in best design practices and design system across mobile, web platforms, and devices.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills, including the ability to present design concepts clearly and persuasively to colleagues, partners, stakeholders, and especially to senior executives.
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- Understanding of Kaizen improvement processes and philosophy.
- Strong track record of iterative design, working closely with product and tech partners from inception through implementation.
- Strong skills in managing time and ability to manage work independently.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.