We are looking for a talented user researcher to help our creative design team deliver great end-to-end customer experiences. The team you’ll be joining is part of the worldwide design organization for Sustainability Software – a part of IBM that is collectively responsible for software products focused on Sustainability Software solutions that assist our customers in making informed and data-driven decisions about how to manage their business and services.
Role & Responsibilities
As an experienced Senior User Researcher, you will be uncovering often unarticulated user needs and connecting those to business goals. You will define, prioritize, and execute a program of research using a range of qualitative and quantitative methodologies, and communicate actionable insights to stakeholders. Your insights will inform products used by customers across the world.
- You will help drive best practices for research methods, leading by example, mentoring junior user researchers, and contributing to the creation of repeatable processes that enable a user research organization to grow and scale.
- You will identify and connect with our target users, becoming their advocate through research, influencing our product design as to provide innovative solutions that best meet their needs.
- You will collaborate effectively with product management, engineering, designers, and remote teams. You will demonstrate leadership, technical curiosity, and tenacity. You will be partnering with some of the leading technologists in the field, and will translate findings tailored for your audience, including senior and executive leaders.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 7+ years experience conducting user research throughout the entire product development lifecycle
- Demonstrated success relating generative and evaluative research insights to core business goals
- Experience triangulating customer insights from a combination of qualitative, quantitative user research studies and behavioral analytics
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with AI and/or cloud computing technology
- Experience working with enterprise software (agile/continuous delivery desired)
- Experience managing projects involving cross-functional teams