As a Lead User Experience Researcher, you will be an integral member of the Experiences Research team – responsible for deeply understanding an array of users and products, making connections between them, and bringing our users’ needs to the forefront.
Candidate will collaborate with designers, product managers, and other stakeholders to find answers about our users, uncover user requirements, obtain usability feedback, and influence product decisions and strategy using both qualitative and quantitative approaches.
You will be a key collaborator on our Research team and the larger Experiences organization. You will be joining a talented group that is passionate, supportive, creative, adaptable, organized, and of course user focused. This role will primarily support our Workforce Management and Payroll functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan user research studies by coordinating with designers, engineers, and product stakeholders to support the product design and discovery process
- Prepare materials for, recruit, moderate, and analyze findings for a multitude of mixed-method research techniques – interviews, usability tests, surveys, site visits, etc
- Communicate and translate research insights into actionable recommendations to influence product direction
- Analyze, report, and track the results from research studies and help align product to user goals and business drivers.
- Use quantitative data to align user needs with business goals & maintain consistency across the research program
- Work with designers and product management to uncover requirements, evaluate and refine concepts, and guide strategy
- Facilitate project communication across multi-disciplinary teams throughout all phases of a project
- Enhance research methods and practices of team
- Socialize research throughout the organization
- Make connections between past and current research growing our overall understanding of our users and their tasks cross-functionally
- MS/BS/BA degree in Human Computer Interaction, User Experience/Usability, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of professional user research experience, with a demonstrated knowledge of User Experience principles and best practices
- Solid understanding and practical application of qualitative and quantitative research methods like usability testing, field research, interviewing, gaining insights from product and analytics data, etc
- Ability to develop creative and practical research approaches to complex design problems
- Ability to execute multiple initiatives at an elevated level of quality in a fast-paced, complex environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with customers, designers, stakeholders, and developers; Collaborative, team player
- Self-motivated and execution-oriented
- Experience with Workforce Management or Human Capital Management applications
- Familiarity with web/application analytics (e.g., Google Analytics, Pendo)
To apply for this job please visit careers.ukg.com.