We are looking for a User Experience Research Intern who will support the entire research process, collaborating closely with international cross-functional counterparts in Product Management, Design, Engineering, and Strategy to influence key strategy and execution decisions. As a UX Research Intern, your research will help shape the future of TikTok features and products as you spearhead a human-centered decision-making process and develop the most useful and usable product experiences for a global audience.
We are looking for talented individuals to join us for an internship in 2023. Internships at TikTok aim to offer students industry exposure and hands-on experience. Turn your ambitions into reality as your inspiration brings infinite opportunities at TikTok.
This Internship Program runs for 12 weeks beginning in May/June 2023. Successful candidates must be able to commit to one of the following summer internship cycles below:
- May 22, 2023 to August 11, 2023
- May 30, 2023 to August 18, 2023
- June 12, 2023 to September 1, 2023
We will prioritize candidates who are able to commit to these start dates.
Application deadline: February 15th, 2023
Candidates can apply to a maximum of two positions and will be considered for jobs in the order you apply. The application limit is applicable to TikTok and its affiliates’ jobs globally. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis – we encourage you to apply early.
- Support generative, iterative, and evaluative research to provide feedback on concepts, designs, and the end-to-end user experience.
- Collaborate with product management, design, and research teams to identify important research questions.
- Lead a capstone user research project end-to-end, and share findings with international stakeholders.
- Currently pursuing an MS or PhD in Psychology, Statistics, Sociology, Marketing Research, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), or other related fields
- Experience with qualitative and/or quantitative methods, which may include surveys, interviews, ideation sessions, ethnographic field research, usability evaluation, statistical modeling, and diary studies
- Comfort with utilizing data to define and test hypotheses
- Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects
- Strong interest in social media apps, user behavior, and/or user psychology
- Able to commit to working for 12 weeks during Summer 2023
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- Graduating December 2023 onwards with intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship.