Tesla is looking for an exceptional User Experience Designer to help design the future of the Tesla Design System. The candidate will be responsible for researching, designing, innovating and prototyping new user experiences standards, paving the way for the future of Tesla experiences.
The Digital Experience Team focuses on digital experiences for both consumer and enterprise-level applications. The candidate will collaborate with global product, design, engineering and content teams.
Candidates should possess exceptional design skills, systematic thinking, a great sense of aesthetics, as well as user-centered design principles. The applicant must have an affinity for minimal design, typography, and attention to the smallest of details. A strong ability to research and distill complex problems into simple, elegant solutions is key to success at Tesla. We are a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial spirit. The work will be focused on creating consistent design solutions and guidelines that enable faster time to market.
The candidate will be working on the design system for the most advanced vehicle and energy solutions in existence both today and tomorrow.
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and other desingers to continually evolve and improve the design sysstem and product experiences
- Develop creative and innovative design solutions that provide the most opportunity for reuse
- Author robust guidelines and documentation by partnering with key stakeholders
- Partner with engineers to validate correct implementation of patterns
- Maintain and evolve UI Kit(s) for use throughout the company
- Monitor performance of existing patterns and iterate to improve as necessary
- Invest in building relationships and trust with stakeholders, peers and working groups. Build a strong network across Tesla, globally
Qualifications & Experience
- Must be a systematic thinker
- Experience in writing clear and robust documentation
- Demonstrate amazing visual and interaction design sensibilities that scale
- 3+ years work experience advocating for, creating and building and world-class experiences for mobile, web, TV or other digital devices. Knowledge of global design best practices and working for international companies a plus
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices, designing for a global audience and a great technical understanding building design systems
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively present complex information clearly and bring clarity to stakeholders and team members.
- An excellent portfolio showcasing UI/UX and visual design work with a strong design sensibility and articulate storytelling. Evidence of exceptional design ability is a must.
- Must be proficient and highly skilled in Figma and other design tools
- Ability to prototype in Figma, Keynote, or HTML/CSS
- Understanding of front-end web and mobile technologies such as HTML/CSS and general understanding of back-end technologies that are required to build out experiences. Partnering well with technology is a must
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to communicate design concept ideas through sketches, prototypes and wireframes. Experienced and comfortable with presenting work to executives and large groups.
- Strong ability to communicate complicated concepts and bring clarity to stakeholders and team members.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently but also collaborative and driven by group critique. Proven track record as an expert in design who can collaborate well with other functions.
- Strong ability to communicate design pattern concepts through showing application across experiences.
- Experience with creating design systems for enterprise and business applications a plus
Compensation and Benefits
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
- $88,000 – $300,000/annual salary + cash and stock awards + benefits
To apply for this job please visit www.tesla.com.