As a Principal User Researcher, you will lead end-to-end user research initiatives, using appropriate qualitative and quantitative methodologies to help identify and solve wider challenges for the Paylocity user groups within Product organization. You will educate teams of UX Design, Product Management, Engineering, Sales, and Marketing to better understand customer needs, wants and motivations. You are a storyteller, have a diverse set of research skills, a driver of change, open to new possibilities, impact oriented, and a great culture fit. This role will report to the Sr. Director of UX Research.
- Expertly lead end-to-end user research studies; planning, recruitment, execution, analysis, and with deep knowledge of both quantitative and qualitative methodologies that drive strategic findings and actionable recommendations.
- Understand business drivers and provide research consultation with expert business acumen and negotiation.
- Drive research and evaluation of compelling product vision(s) and provide the proper data to position UX as leaders who understand the Paylocity customers’ base.
- Develop user experience tools and frameworks (e.g., archetypes, journey maps, UX benchmarks).
- Collaborate with other researchers across Paylocity to raise the bar for research and align best practices to shape and scale the research practice.
- Advise partner teams and mentor UX team members on how to determine appropriate research methodologies to implement into their own research.
- Influence partners to explore ambiguous spaces by translating user insights into strategic recommendations that create meaningful and usable solutions.
- Structure, organize, and present the research insights throughout the organization to evangelize current and future user research for the business.
- Demonstrate persuasive communication and storytelling through writing, presentations, and conversations that build consensus and persuade action based on findings among partners.
- Prioritize roadmaps or product direction with actionable research that meets user needs, while educating and negotiating with others on how to research and measure outcomes for the right direction throughout the software life cycle.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI) in Human Cognition, Interaction Design, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology or related field degree, but Master’s degree or PhD preferred, candidates with 10+ years of applied experience within the UX field within development setting considered.
- 10+ years UX research and strategies in a software development setting
- Must be able to tackle complex, high-level research in uncharted problem space.
- Demonstrated measurable criteria for research impact on a product suite.
- Has deep knowledge in mix methodologies, and expertise in quantitative data
- Expert in design thinking and problem-solving facilitation for research exercises
- Demonstrated influence on roadmaps, prioritization, or direction with research.
- Expert communicator and persuasive storytelling to a range of stakeholders
- Strong portfolio demonstrating previous work experience and deliverables, that illustrate how your research informed decision-making, showcasing deliverables, and your ability to translate user and business needs into impactful outcomes.
- SaaS product research experience driving prioritization and innovation is a plus.
- Experience with behavioral data-collection and correlation analysis
- Expertise in research frameworks that drive prioritization of projects and products.
- Relentlessly curious about tech and market trends, able to adapt accordingly.
- Unflinching in your desire to advocate for the best user experience possible.
- Ability to build relationships in a highly collaborative environment.
To apply for this job please visit www.paylocity.com.