- Deliver, review and critique the UX Designs of a multi-skilled design team to ensure effective and rich designs (great interaction, supreme visual styling, consistent and appropriate use of voice and tone, etc)
- Work with UX Designers, visual designers, researchers and product managers to understand user’s needs and behaviours for the industries in which they work
- Participate in and lead lean UX activities (in person and remote) in an Agile environment such as user/design research, interviews and workshops
- Analyze and synthesize the findings; distilling the inherent complexity in the user’s experiences and identify the right problems to solve
- Translate findings into usable, useful, effective and efficient user experiences
- Clearly and quickly deliver ideas to cross-functional teams
- Provide information verbally and visually through low and mid-fidelity renderings (starting with paper and pencil/whiteboard) and clickable prototypes
- Test and validate working hypothesis with users through usability testing of wireframes, clickable prototypes and published product, and participate in design critique
- Work with Visual Designers and Developers to bring concepts to life while maintaining UX best practices
- Work on quality assurance to address any issues
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in user experience design role and performing the design activities to deliver successful outcomes for software, web, or mobile delivery.
- Strong portfolio of work demonstrating Design Thinking, design process, and solutions for web and mobile applications.
- Ability to take rough technical information and make it understandable and well presented.
- Ability to clearly communicate a design through storytelling that helps the audience develop empathy for the user, and clarity on what the user experience of the software will be.
- Ability to create designs at a variety of fidelity levels and understanding of the most appropriate techniques to gather the most useful feedback at different stages in the process.
- Experience designing and delivering for accessibility
- Experience of software tools for design, production, and implementation, such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience working with enterprise software.
- Data visualization skills.
- Experience of HTML and CSS is also beneficial.
To apply for this job please visit careers.ibm.com.