The ideal candidate is not only an experienced designer, collaborator and critical problem solver, but is also passionate about being part of a team that builds purposeful and authentic content across a variety of platforms while keeping content fresh and engaging. This designer will be nimble, with the ability to work across multiple work streams, content campaigns and deliverables and with partners at every level within the organization. You should have previous experience working in in-house creative agencies or similar corporate environments.
The Designer role will report to the Senior Manager, Design and work closely with our Communications Content Studio and Seller Engagement team. They will also work very closely with the other creatives to craft and integrate workflows to meet common deliverables or campaigns as well as various other partners across the company, including Corporate Communications/Public Relations, Digital Channels, Employee Communications, Social and Global Brand.
- Invent and conceive design concepts and projects from creative briefs or messaging strategies and then to implement chosen concepts
- Feels a deep need to iterate and keep content fresh while staying within brand guidelines.
- Work directly with senior leaders to produce presentations for a variety of internal and external applications
- Translate rough ideas and concepts into polished, powerful and alluring visual presentations with a compelling storyline and flow
- Incorporate motion, video and photo effectively into your presentations
- Apply an understanding of how people learn and absorb ideas into the design of your presentations
- Values the strength which diversity of thought and experience brings to the design and development of a product.
- Works well independently or collaboratively, depending on the situation.
- Constructively critiques others’ work with clarity. Welcomes feedback from people of all fields.
- Knows how to apply feedback to carry projects forward
- Has experience crafting within an established design system, and the ability to seamlessly supply new components and processes to that system.
- Understands established design patterns and standard methodologies, but explores new solutions and pushes for innovation.
- Shows strong attention to detail, as well as an eagerness to seek sophisticated design problems at scale.
- Loves a challenge and is ready to jump in, anticipate challenges and prioritize accordingly.
- Passionate about the details and the impact that quality presentations can have
- Invest in establishing relationships and trust with partners, peers and working groups.
- Adapt content and visualization to different audiences
- Define the look and feel for communications across the Communications Content Studio
- Develop a visual brand identity for internal programs for Content Studio
- Develop a system of templates and design assets that others can use to build their own presentations, posters, emails, video, etc.
- Work with Audio/Visual specialists to craft, test and produce the final presentation experience
- Work with various partners for guidance and approval of presentations for internal and external audiences
Skills and Experience
- Ability to simplify complex ideas into visuals that a wide variety of audiences can easily understand and remember
- Comfort with direct feedback from partners and an iterative approach to your work
- Capable of running with ideas with only minimal direction
- Proven illustration and iconography skills
- Adept at presentation applications, especially PowerPoint, Google slides
- Adobe Suite (PS, AI, ID, AE, PR), Sketch
- Big plus if candidate has experience in video production, photography and animation workflows
- Thrives on innovation, anticipates challenges and demonstrates an ability to think out of the box
- An appetite to deeply understand the business, strategy and charter of the teams you support
- Partner with Global Brand to drive consistency and meet brand standards
- You are organized, able to act independently and able to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced and exciting environment
- 5 years of proven experience with digital design
- Strong understanding of a user-centered design process
- Fluency with visual and UX design concepts
- Strong organizational and content management skills
- Deep experience working with executive leadership
- High level of proficiency in using modern design software and tools – we are an Adobe and Sketch shop with possible other tools in future
- Experience crafting and executing solutions across digital and print
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ebayinc.com.