The Senior Digital Experience Designer leads design work streams in and effort to solve complex business challenges while being an advocate for users.
Foundational characteristics of the Senior Digital Experience Designer include empathy, creative problem-solving, comfort with uncertainty, collaboration, iteration, communication skills, excellent technical design skills, and curiosity.
This role will work hand-in-hand with other disciplines and stakeholders to scale our digital solutions across multiple platforms and enhance user flows based on comprehensive research and user-centered design processes. This role involves hands-on design responsibilities including journey mapping, design research, wire framing, prototyping, alignment to brand standards and UI guidelines, high-fidelity visual design, data visualization and visual hierarchy.
The typical pay range for this role is between USD 90,000 and USD 180,000.
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
- 5+ years of experience in UX, UI or blended UX/UI design.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in Figma, Sketch and InVision and/or other industry-standard design tools.
- Proven experience in driving and delivering design from initial concepts all the way to hand-off and successful launch.
- Strong portfolio of work including examples of mobile web, desktop and other digital experiences.
- Ability to align team members around the ideal digital experience and gain support and commitment
- Experience in designing and delivering work from initial concepts all the way to successful market launches
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and other web technologies
- Awareness of how native mobile technical restraints can influence design choices
- Ability to communicate user needs (e.g. storytelling, leveraging data) and demonstrate how proposed designs solve those needs to internal team and senior partners
- Experience working within an Agile or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Methodology as a development process
- Understanding of design system and component-based design
- Experience in UI design including a strong grasp on visual hierarchy, spacing, typography
- Knowledgeable about Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and able to collaborate with Accessibility team to arrive at solutions that are inclusive and accessible