The Senior UX and Digital Copywriter is a key member of the Design team in Wealth and Personal Banking (WPB) Australia and is passionate about digital products, effective change communication to customers, human-centered design and data-driven decision making.
As a specialist, you are a hands-on expert wordsmith with technical writing abilities, create customer-friendly content and maintain governance and standards. You will also guide and mentor other wordsmiths to craft impactful, accessible, and high-quality content across digital banking journeys and customer communication channels.
- Collaborate with other Copywriters, UX/UI Designers, Marketing, Regulatory compliance, and cross-functional delivery team members to develop engaging content for customers written specifically for Digital channels in the appropriate brand voice and tone
- Get familiar with the product, target audience and competitor activities in the market
- Recommend accompanying visual cues such as stock images, icons and infographics to compliment written copy
- Understanding of copywriting fundamentals (scripts presentations and formats etc.)
- Excellent attention to detail in grammar and spelling
- Excellent presentation skills, in bringing to life creative concepts and selling work to internal and external stakeholders
- Tertiary qualifications in Journalism, English Literature, Communications or related discipline
- 6 to 10+ years of demonstrated UX copywriting experience either in an in-house or consulting capacity for digital platforms and/or direct communications to consumers
- The ability to work collaboratively with diverse and senior stakeholders, to influence and deliver enhanced customer outcomes
- Familiar with transforming customer experiences through the application of design methodologies such as: Design Thinking, Customer Centred Design (CCD), Human-Centred Design (HCD), ideally within a financial or professional services context
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Sound experience in managing multiple project simultaneously
- Experience collaborating with designers and stakeholders for requirements gathering, feedback, iteration and approval
- A strong design-point-of-view and comfortable with challenging opinions and pushing design boundaries to update and improve design standards
- Comprehension of accessibility principles and applying them to writing for web and mobile experiences
- Familiarity with common design and delivery approaches, such as Agile, Lean, Sprint and common collaboration tools, such as Figma, Jira, Monday or Trello
- Previous copywriting experience for financial or insurance industries would be highly regarded
Preference will be given to candidates who hold Australian or New Zealand PR/Citizenship or working rights or who can show they currently have unrestricted work rights in Australia with no limitations.