As a Principal Product Designer on the Guest UX team, you will be at the forefront of Target’s emerging digital experience, fueling innovation for the guest experience and growth for the business. You will lead experience strategy, design and innovation for Target’s experiences across Target.com, iOS, Android, and in-store tools. You’ll lead the way with design thinking to bring innovative ideas and designs to the guest shopping experience while championing the experimentation practices of our product, engineering and business teams to guide iteration.
In this role, you will take the lead on setting the vision and strategy for Target’s Loyalty program across all digital touchpoints – Target.com, iOS, Android, and in-store touchpoints such as point-of-sale and self-checkout. You are an expert in user experience at the intersection of ecommerce retail and loyalty programs.
As a leading member of the product design team, you will support the development of junior product designers and contribute to advancing the skillset of the broader product design and UX organization. You will mentor junior product designers as part of your core working team as well through coaching on the design process, visual design, problem-solving, and collaborating with key partners. In partnership with your design manager, you will identify and collaborate on specific areas of development for junior designers.
We are a passionate, supportive and increasingly diverse UX team focused on elevating both the guest experience and the enterprise tools that bolster Target’s rapidly growing digital business. You’ll be in the driver’s seat of your career growth at Target with strong support for work-life balance. We will advocate for you along the way with robust onboarding and personal and career development to help you grow.
- Set UX strategy and vision for the Loyalty experience across digital platforms – influencing investment, collaborations, and the balance of new vs. Iteration
- Create design deliverables representative of the design process phase – such as journey maps, wireframes, user flows, UI design and prototypes
- Guide design process and mentor junior designers
- Investigate using both qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Hold design work to a high standard of craft, including accessibility, user research, information architecture, interaction design, visual design
- Use your influence to identify and pursue user-centric outcomes within and across products
- Effectively facilitate multiple cross functional working teams and senior-level stakeholders
- Engage, learn, challenge, and evolve complex systems of design and people
- Advance a culture of human-centered practice within UX, product, and engineering teams
- Build a network of relationships to enable your work
- Expert proficiency in design and prototyping tools (We use Figma)
- Navigate complexity and make sense of ambiguity
Qualifications & Experience
- You’re an experienced product designer with 10+ years of relevant product design work
- You thrive at the intersection of design strategy and craft
- Expert skills in visual design, information architecture, interaction design, experience strategy, structuring and planning work, and owning the design process
- Expert strategic problem-solving, systems thinking, and collaboration skills
- You lean into complex problems, challenge the status quo, and seek to understand the ‘why’ behind human behavior and their hesitations to change
- Proven ability to effectively use data and insights to set your direction
- Leveraging quantitative and qualitative data, you practice design thinking and present work clearly and effectively to influence senior executives
- You value outcomes and strive toward design that is welcoming, inspiring, and clear
- You embrace collaboration as a tool to build alignment around user-centered design decisions
- You balance the need for near-term solutions and long-term vision
- You are an expertin communicating how design connects to, serves, and improves the business
- Exhibit a growth mindset