We are currently looking for a customer-focused Principal Product Managers’ Manager, with technical depth, to manage a team responsible for defining the user experience strategy and delivering revolutionary new web experiences for core compute services and related disk management services, and for making Azure the best cloud for cloud natives to deploy Linux workloads.
This includes owning the user experience for Azure services like Virtual Machines, Secure Virtual Machines, Spot Virtual Machines, Virtual Machines Scale Sets, Dedicated Hosts, Cloud Service Extended Support, Community Gallery, Managed Disks and more.
This opportunity will allow you to accelerate your career growth, hone your UX skills, and become an expert in cloud computing services, also working across multiple organizations which integrate their services with Azure Virtual Machines. Because this is a significant area of growth and investment for Azure, this role provides an opportunity to contribute to Azure revenue, customer retention, and Net Promoter Score (NPS).
- Lead and grow the talent of a team of product managers; model, coach, and care; create an awesome, inclusive working environment where people can be their authentic selves and do their best work.
- Drive a team culture built on deep understanding of customer needs and pain points and make extensive use of quantitative/qualitative data and experimentation to influence the design and direction of the product.
- Define the strategy for compute services user experience in Azure Portal, and partner closely with top-class software developers, UX designers & researchers, and back-end teams to deliver them.
- Deliver innovative, best-in-class user experiences for Azure core compute services that delight our customers and get Microsoft to a leadership position in the industry.
- Ensure user experiences meet the team’s business goals, KPIs and scenario metrics.
- Bachelor’s Degree AND 8+ years experience in product management, OR equivalent experience.
- 4+ years people management experience.
- 8+ years of product management experience, focused on defining, building, and shipping the front-end of software or services.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline.
- Strategic thinking: ability to create a compelling vision for what building blocks are required to build awesome user experiences.
- Expert collaboration skills with an ability to work effectively across broad teams and to influence stakeholders at all levels company wide.
- Ability to conduct insightful, multi-faceted conversations with technical decision makers inside Microsoft. An ability to conceptualize complex ideas quickly and convey them to others in a clear, effective, and motivating manner.
- Experience in cloud computing services (in Azure or other clouds).
- Experience with data- and research-driven decision making and running A/B testing.
- Experience managing large multi-group efforts across a company.
To apply for this job please visit careers.microsoft.com.