Website JPMorgan Chase & Co
The goals of the design system include improving UI consistency and quality, making the design and development process more efficient and focused, establishing a shared vocabulary between designer and developer, and providing clear, discoverable guidance around design and development best practices.
Our team oversees the official design system for the Global Technology organization, used by ~200 applications at the firm. This role will be joining the team responsible for our design system.
Designers on this team work on creating the components, patterns, interactions, and behaviors that define our design system and underpin our product’s user experience. It’s an existing product, where you’ll have the opportunity to cater multiple user segments:
- Internal Product teams that uses our design system to build our products. A lot of your work will involve cross-functional collaboration to ensure teams are well supported and have what they need to design their solutions.
- Our end users, JPMC employees who use our products and, ultimately, the building blocks you create for our feature teams.
Responsibilities includes but not limited to:
- Experience systematically creating and maintaining the design system for an organization.
- Work with other designers across the firm to raise the quality bar and contribute to our evolving design system of components, styles, and interactions.
- Support broad adoption of the Design System, manage changes, and promote input from our different teams.
- Document and help maintain usage guidelines and specs for components and patterns within the system.
- Influence product specifications and complete design work with a high level of polish.
- Ensure final mockups are pixel perfect before development handoff.
- Assist the lead in designing components from concept to code—knowing nothing is ever really final.
- Be constantly on the lookout for best practices, design patterns and anti-patterns, throughout various industries and platforms.
- Participate in sprint planning and quarterly roadmap discussions.
- Be a key player on a small but mighty team making a huge impact.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
We’re looking for a proven designer that is either familiar with or has supported design systems in the past. You’re a self-starting designer who actively looks for ways to substantially improve our design system. You have naturally good taste and are confident in your craft.
- BA/BFA in design or information architecture related field or related work experience
- 3-5+ years of professional web UX and UI experience in a design team environment.
- This role is for the design of web components and other design system requirements and strong HTML/CSS skills are required.
- You have pixel-perfect standards with exceptional interaction design skills and an eye for accessibility and usability. You’ll work with front-end and UX engineers to ensure your designs are implemented correctly
- Proficiency with Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, basic understanding of front-end development and experience working in an Agile development environment using tools like Jira and Confluence.
- You have the desire to push the platform forward and improve, always advocating for the end-user
- Thinks in terms of design systems and makes rational and logical design decisions
- Above all, you’re an advocate for consistency with enough flexibility to accommodate criticism and change.
- Please attach your portfolio details.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
The Digital team is dedicated to creating innovative, industry-leading products and experiences that help customers access, share and control their financial data so they can make smart decisions with their money. Teams enable innovation while adhering to the firm’s data sharing principles of security, customer control and convenience, and privacy.
To apply for this job please visit jpmc.fa.oraclecloud.com.