As a Senior UX Designer, you will help transform complex information and tasks into easy-to-use designs for our millions of customers and associates.
To do this, you’ll need to think visually, using techniques like storyboards and sketching to communicate design concepts. You’ll use your deep knowledge of the UX process (research, conceptual design, prototyping, testing) in collaboration with other team members, to iterate multiple solutions and deliver pixel-perfect designs. As the biggest player in the game, we trust our associates to innovate the future of shopping. If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, a Senior UX Designer at Walmart could be the fit you’ve been looking for.
- Leading in the creation of business, consumer, and associate product experiences.
- Thinking holistically – about the customers using our products, a cohesive design system, and end to end experiences.
- Solving complex problems and working with others with the same passion, to collaborate and merge solutions into a larger structure and create a cohesive design ecosystem.
- Switching gears from deep design thinking to rapid-fire execution.
- Bachelor’s and 3 years of experience; OR Master’s and 2 years of experience; OR 4 years of experience
- Degree in Product Design or Human Computer interaction or similar
- A fantastic portfolio of elegant design solutions and can turn these into functioning prototypes.
- You are a “jack of all trades” and willing to dip your toes into the unknown and experiment with new technologies.
- You can see problems from various angles to solve complex challenges.
- Ability to communicate concepts to audiences of all levels of understanding.
- Track record of deploying user interface standards and conventions, functional communication flows and dynamic, engaging interfaces.
- Strong understanding of design theory and concepts to create effective visual communication with hierarchy and balance (typography, color, space, contrast).
- The ability to work with design templates and patterns to create and maintain a scalable and consistent website and mobile application.
- Producing great work in short timeframes, multitask across different projects and platforms, and adapt to the business’s ever-changing priorities.
- Experience with gathering business requirement, site assessment, competitive analysis, and secondary research.
To apply for this job please visit careers.walmart.com.