We’re the User Experience Design team. Fueled by user insights and data analytics, our mission is to create powerful, easy-to-use products that delight our customers, from millions of drivers to automotive customers who embed our technologies in their vehicles. We deliver the design specifications for all TomTom’s products. Joining us, you’ll be part of a team that brings together design disciplines from user research to interaction, concept and visual design. Together, we’ll continue to develop a map that people trust all around the world.
- Work closely with product teams in your focus area to identify research needs.
- Help shape TomTom’s B2B eco-system, specifically the touchpoints that allow internal and external partners to interact with our new mapping platform.
- Be a strategic partner to PMs, Designers, Engineers, Marketing, and commercial and client-facing teams to deliver meaningful insights that inform product roadmaps and design direction, and impact business outcomes.
- Lead both explorative and evaluative user research projects using a wide variety of qualitative research tools and methods and a subset of quantitative methods.
- Employ a wide range of storytelling techniques to communicate insights, findings, and recommendations, to help senior leaders understand the decisions they need to make, and to collaborate with partner teams to identify options and/or make actionable recommendations.
- Proactively identify solutions and tools for gathering and analyzing user insights to increase their adoption across the various product teams and ensure they produce demonstrable business value.
- Organize and lead cross-unit workshops for various needs (e.g., brainstorming, deep-dive into user insights, empathy mapping).
- Put research findings into practice: advise and collaborate with product leadership, sales, and product marketing to understand market opportunities, influence product roadmaps and strategies, and shape our Map Data and Platform offerings.
- Add to the culture of the team and the broader organization.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to the junior UX researchers in the team.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience leading UX research projects with demonstrated impact, handling all stages of research design (study design, test creation, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting).
- 5+ years of experience with planning, designing, and conducting UX research using different methods and tools, including field research, usability testing, and surveys.
- BS in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Human-Computer Design Engineering, or related discipline.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Experience with developer-focused products applying framework/platform thinking.
- Experience with creating product metrics and understanding their limitations.
- Passion and skill to advocate on behalf of all our users, including the consumers of map products and the partners / developers creating map products.
- The ability to manage ambiguity, lead research efforts autonomously, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in the automotive and map industry.
- Experience working in complex and fast-moving B2B settings.