TikTok User Research team provides strategic and tactical support to multiple business lines and helps these businesses grow sustainably. We are a global team with strong curiosity and enthusiasm for doing research of global users. We are committed to becoming the most trustworthy partner of business teams, empowering business growth at different stages of development.
- Work closely with cross-functional and global user research teams to deeply understand the needs of users and creators in the North American market.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify the key research questions that will help shape the product strategy
- Identify and create the best research methods based on the question, timeline, and resourcing
- Design and implement research, synthesize findings into practical and impactful insights to help stakeholders make decisions
- Measure and track how product changes affect user behaviors and attitudes over time, reveal the key reasons with solid data rationale
- Initiate foundational research and gather insights from relevant industries to help stakeholders explore the possible solutions to challenging long-term product questions
- 5+ years of experience working in UX research, preferably in the content/tech industry
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Psychology, Statistics, Sociology, Marketing Research, HCI, or other related fields
- Experience using both qualitative and quantitative research methods, such as: usability studies (remote/in lab), focus groups, interviews, concept tests, diary studies, surveys, data analysis, A/B testing, etc.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and take initiative to solve problems and learn new things
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment
- Great written and spoken communication skills to influence product partners and major company decisions
- Ability to analyze large sample data with statistic tools, such as SQL, Python, R, SPSS