As an employee at Thomson Reuters, you will play a role in shaping and leading the global knowledge economy. Our UX Team drives the innovative thinking that leads to exceptional customer experiences. We use design thinking methodologies to deliver best in class designs in a fast-paced, collaborative working environment. If you are creative and have a passion for solving complex workflows with simple solutions in an ever-changing problem space, this team is for you.
About the Role:
As a Lead User Experience Designer, you will:
- Lead UX team members to execute visual, information, interaction and service design elements of the initiative that meets business needs and delights our customers
- Define the user experience roadmap, plan, and priorities
- Drive innovation and quality of our products through great UX
- Articulate design concepts, intuitive interactions, and workflows; through user journeys, storyboards, prototypes, wireframes, and other materials
- Build strong, collaborative relationships across design, product, and engineering teams
- Contributes to, refines, and promotes best practices and standards including design systems, design operations, and UX methodologies
- Advocate for and represent the customer throughout the product lifecycle
- Coach designers in developing UX strategy and roadmaps and conduct design reviews and provide feedback
- Build proficiency in modern UX Toolkits and build up team capabilities around how we work
You’re a fit for the role of Lead User Experience Designer, if you have:
- BA/BS in relevant field, related field, or equivalent industry training / experience.
- 8+ years overall experience in the field of user experience (or education equivalent).
- 4+ year experience leading large complex projects.
- 3+ years of working with UX in a fast-paced development environment.
- Fully competent in using UX engineering principles, standards, practices, and tools.
- Excellent understanding of customer needs.
- Plan and execute UX activities while pursuing product goals and giving a voice to users.
- Effective communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Ability to think critically, act responsibly, and affect positive outcomes
- Expert understanding of product development and software lifecycles
- Experience collaborating with Agile teams and environments.
- Strong planning and time management skills.
- Thorough product design experience paired with passion for design thinking
- Critical thinking skills that allow for creative problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience in fast-paced agile product development environments
- History of working with a globally distributed team
What’s in it For You?
You will join our inclusive culture of world-class talent, where we are committed to your personal and professional growth through:
- Hybrid Work Model: Currently, as part of our COVID-19 response, our employees are working remotely and following local COVID-19 bylaws and guidelines with the majority of our offices planning to remain remote throughout 2021. Upon return, we will embrace a hybrid work environment consisting of in-office and remote work.
- Culture: Globally recognized and award-winning reputation for equality, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, work-life balance, and more.
- Wellbeing: Comprehensive benefit plans; company-wide Mental Health Day Off; Headspace app subscription; retirement, savings, tuition reimbursement, and employee incentive programs; resources for mental, physical, and financial wellbeing.
- Learning & Development: LinkedIn Learning access; internal Talent Marketplace with opportunities to work on projects cross-company; Ten Thousand Coffees Thomson Reuters café networking.
- Social Impact: Eight employee-driven Business Resource Groups; two paid volunteer days annually; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives for local and global impact.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.thomsonreuters.com.