We’re looking for a Content Designer who can use both writing and design thinking to help transform the way Target communicates with its e-commerce guests. You’ll be embedded in a User Experience team, working alongside designers, product owners, business partners, and developers to deliver best-in-class UI, but you’ll also have the support of the Content Design team to compare notes on writing, language, and how content comes to life across the organization. You’ll be empowered to not only create clear and engaging content for existing experiences, but to envision entirely new experiences and proactively seek out ways that content can bring joy and ease into the lives of our guests.
- Write content and develop content recommendations for guest-facing experiences, synthesizing Target’s tone and voice, guest needs, business requirements, and principles of UX.
- Track the end-to-end communication flow and proactively reach out to partners in the space to ensure consistency and cohesion.
- Collaborate closely with designers, product owners, researchers, accessibility consultants, data analysts, software engineers, and your fellow content designers.
- Advocate for guest communication needs and priorities.
- Learn to conduct basic user experience research with the guidance of the UX research team. Collaborate with researchers to identify larger research needs and gaps in understanding of our guest’s behaviors and desires.
- Learn from business data and guest insights to help inform your content.
- Participate in critiques, workshops, and skill-development opportunities.
- Be part of a rapidly growing culture and team committed to inclusivity, accessibility, and authenticity for all Target guests.
Qualifications & Experience
- 4-year college degree and/or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of professional writing experience
- A portfolio that showcases your passion for language and commitment to UX principles
- Ability to present and defend the strategy and choices behind your work
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work in ambiguous environments
- Ability to hear feedback, defend your decisions when necessary but also adjust your approach when necessary
- Interest in exploring and learning more about the intersection of language and design in User Experience
- Experience with design tools like Figma is a plus
- E-commerce/digital retail experience is a plus
To apply for this job please visit jobs.target.com.