- Lead User Research: Use proven UX methodologies (like contextual interviews, focus groups, usability studies, heuristic analysis, ethnographic research, and diary studies) to manage data collection and analysis, synthesize qualitative and quantitative data to identify root causes of UX issues, identify new user needs and present results to cross-functional teams and leaders.
- Grow User Research Competency: Establish user research best practices, and develop new tools, methodologies, and/or standards for measuring the user experience of customers. Collaborate and communicate across UX, CX, Product, Brand, Performance Analytics, and Engineering teams to disseminate and implement best practices. Over time work with leadership to hire, mentor, and grow the user research capability.
- Advocate for Customers: Discover and analyze user behavior, customer journeys, needs, and motivations, and the relationship they have with a product (digital or otherwise). Represent the “voice of the customer” and inspire cross-functional teams to put users at the center of evaluation and actions. Also own and improve the digital NPS working with the cx designers and across the different products.
- Translate insights into action: Translate user research findings into specific recommendations for improving product/platform designs and prioritize with agile teams, as well as validate design iterations with users to feed insights into the product roadmap.
Building Relationships: Build strong relations with cross-functional teams including consumer insights, content development, delivery, innovation and operations, and technology partners to understand issues and priorities, collaborate on a user engagement roadmap, and work together to conduct meaningful research leading to a deep understanding of experience needs/gaps and sharing insights across teams.
Education and Experience
- 4-year degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Psychology, or a related field.
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience conducting research using a wide variety of research methods for digital design organizations or related fields.
Required Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Self-directed, organized, efficient; a deep and insightful thinker who likes the challenge of a complex problem, and is an effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator.
- Direct experience in both traditional and modern approaches to recruitment, diverse research methods, and reporting.
- Expert knowledge of user research principles, methodologies, and deliverables
- Strong ability to identify key research objectives in partnership with product, design, brand, and engineering teams to address research needs for a variety of brands and projects throughout the product life cycle.
- Strong knowledge of a wide variety of research methods and the experience to select the right research to do at the right time and synthesize insights into coherent, digestible deliverables that visually reflect those results including service design blueprints, journey maps, and process flows.
To apply for this job please visit careers.starhub.com.