Staples is business to business. You’re what binds us together.
Our eCommerce team strives to showcase Staples’ value proposition and experience to customers through digital vehicles, including SEO, paid search, display affiliates, paid social media and more. We utilize online merchandising and campaigns executed by both humans and automated tools to convert new and returning website visitors into customers. Our team also ensures that our mobile and desktop websites and apps are easy to use, delivering the digital experience that our customers expect. At the same time, our teams focus on building and executing a strong innovation pipeline for the future. We work end-to-end with our sales, merchandising, finance, logistics and technology teams to provide a world-class, holistic digital experience, growing profitable results in a fun and rewarding work environment.
- Manage a team of UX designers with a focus on interaction design. Serve as coach, mentor and UX leader to other team members.
- Collaborate with user and customer research teams to validate design choices and optimize customer experience.
- Lead regular collaborative design review sessions to ensure consistency and best-of-breed UX designs.
- Work with Digital leadership (product management, engineering, and business) to plan and execute product roadmaps.
- Continually evaluate and improve UX design processes and tools.
- Provide creative ideation, design visions, and strategic concepts for new product areas.
- Take on individual design projects when needed.
- Oversee ongoing maintenance and improvements to Staples Sparq, our design system.
- Stay abreast of evolving industry standards and emerging trends & technologies.
- Oversee design standards and processes for to comply with accessibility standards (WCAG 2.1).
- Expertise with all aspects of responsive web and mobile app design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive experience with user research techniques including focus groups, concept validation, usability testing, qualitative and quantitative feedback.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to build consensus with multiple stakeholders.
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, UserTesting.com, etc.
- Experience designing the UX for B2C and B2B eCommerce sites.
- Experience creating and maintaining design systems, artifacts, components, patterns, and guides.
- 10+ years of practical experience in user experience design for web sites and mobile apps as demonstrated in a strong design portfolio.
- 3+ years leading teams of UX designers on business-critical products or sites.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, digital design, user research or related disciplines or equivalent work experience.
- Accessible Design
- Ecommerce B2B/B2C
- User research