As a Mixed Methods Product Researcher on the Ads Research team you will drive the understanding of advertiser behavior, motivations and experiences with the Reddit platform with the ultimate goal of improving their experiences and helping turn Reddit into an essential buy. You’ll partner with our product and design teams to understand advertisers and how we can improve their experiences. As a mixed-methods product researcher, you’ll be responsible for leading quantitative and qualitative research studies across the ads teams that drive product strategy.
You’ll investigate advertiser behavior, needs and motivations using empirical mixed-methods research such as log analysis, survey research, path modeling, regression analysis, usability testing, in-depth interviews, and surveys by designing and conducting foundational and evaluative research to guide executive decision-making. The ideal candidate will be able to combine their skills in behavioral research design, thematic analysis, and mental model mapping to drive product strategy and improve the user experience. The ideal candidate will be able to combine their skills in behavioral research design, statistical methods, qualitative methods and general programming to drive product strategy and improve the advertiser experience.
- Design and execute on quantitative research, including surveys and behavioral data analysis
- Prioritize and conduct research that varies in approach, scale, scope, timeframe and methodologies across multiple work streams, making sure to work on the right project at the right time.
- Select and communicate the appropriate method or mix of data collection methods (ranging from usability testing, diary studies, semi-structured interviews, participatory workshops, surveys, and everything in between) to answer questions for product teams and our broader company.
- Extract meaning from qualitative and survey data sets through appropriate analyses, including the creation and application of qualitative codebooks, developing code, running models, and employing a range of statistical methods.
- Craft video summaries of interviews and experiences of users to illustrate findings with user voices.
- Build strong relationships as a strategic partner with Product, Design, Engineering, Sales and Data
- Analytics, to identify high-impact work and ensure it lands within teams. Present research insights, regularly engage with partners and influence them to take action.
- Proactively communicate and share research findings with product teams, executives, and other audiences in compelling, actionable, and engaging ways.
- Develop research programs that achieve business and product impact.
- Masters or Ph.D. in Statistics, Behavioral Science, Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, related fields, or 8+ years of industry experience.
- Prior experience working on Adtech platforms or researching advertiser behavior.
- Understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different quantitative research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Detail-oriented and ability to work fairly independently on a variety of tasks.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work quickly to turn around high-quality research insights; can prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible, adapting to changing schedules and different projects.
- Experience working in ambiguity and complex cross-functional collaborations.