We’re looking for a UX Designer to join our UX & Design team. This position is full-time and based in Singapore and reports to the Director of UX & Design. One of our priorities at Viki for the upcoming year is to improve our users’ experiences. You’ll be designing products that our users love to use not only because of the content we provide, but also because of how our products work and fit into their lives. Areas you might be working on include onboarding, content discovery or subscriptions.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Mapping out the different user journeys in more detail
- Storytelling chops, bringing these user stories and insights to life
- Presenting insights and rallying the team to co-create solutions
- Driven by data and research, designing and analyzing workflows to support key business objectives
- Developing user flows, UI specs and mock-ups as needed
- Creating design prototypes, micro-interactions and transitions
- Conducting usability tests
- BS/MS in Interaction Design, Product Design, or a related field a plus
- 3+ years of experience as a professional UX Designer, with productivity products or B2B experience a plus
- Creative. See things differently and come up with solutions that solve problems
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to interact with both technical and non-technical people, strong opinions loosely held
- Experience working in start-up and/or media company environments
- Experience working in an international company and/or love of global entertainment or cultures
- Conversation skills in either Spanish and/or Portuguese for interviewing our global audience are a plus
Rakuten Group, Inc. is the largest e-commerce company in Japan, and third largest e-commerce marketplace company worldwide, with over 1.5 billion registered users worldwide. The Rakuten brand is recognized worldwide for its leadership and innovation, and provides a variety of consumer and business-focused services including e-commerce, e-reading, travel, banking, securities, credit card, e-money, portal and media, online marketing and professional sports. The company is expanding globally and currently has operations throughout Asia, Western Europe, and the Americas.
Rakuten Viki is a premier global entertainment streaming site where millions of people discover and consume primetime shows and movies subtitled in more than 200 languages, by our community of fans. With billions of videos viewed and more than 1 billion words translated, Viki brings global entertainment to fans everywhere!
To apply for this job please visit rakuten.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.