As a Staff UX Researcher, you will proactively construct and own a research roadmap for a section of the Workforce Identity & Access Management space, working closely with your design, product, and engineering partners to ensure that your research is aligned to the highest priority needs of the product area, and informing both long and near-term decisions. You will cultivate and nurture a culture of curiosity and learning across your cross functional team by ensuring that designers, product managers, and engineers are able to leverage foundational and evaluative insights in their day-to-day work.
- You will proactively construct and own a research roadmap for a key product area at Okta, working closely with your design, product, and engineering partners to ensure that your research is aligned to the highest priority needs of the product area, and informing both long and near-term decisions.
- Grow and develop a research practice for a product pillar that unlocks customer insights and value, ultimately moving the business forward
- Solve complex problems, bringing stakeholders together across multiple teams to scope problems and collaborate on research in ways that nurture a culture of curiosity and learning
- Exercise flexibility in research methodology (as appropriate for the product space and timeline) by selecting, designing and utilizing qualitative and quantitative methodologies, appropriately
- Facilitate cross-discipline research to drive clarity and decision-making
- Design mechanisms to build up customer empathy and deep knowledge of our partners, end users, consumers, administrators, and other identified audiences
- Represent your research to diverse audiences across the organization by telling compelling stories that motivate others to solve complex needs with your insights.
- Handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently
- Leads cross functional team rituals in ways that promote a positive team culture
- Proven experience as an embedded UX Researcher with a track record of identifying and elevating user needs and driving the delivering of value to them.
- Experience utilizing various research methods (e.g., usability studies, contextual inquiry, surveys, etc.)
- Experience leveraging research to make the business successful and applying your technical understanding to accomplish company goals.
- Proficiency in communicating user research findings with cross-functional partners to drive impact
- Experience with products made for developers, administrators, or other technical audiences
- Strong ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively and independently
- Strong decision making and problem solving capabilities while working with constraints
- History of effective communication with all levels of management and company personnel
- Excellent communication skills
- Empathy for users, knowledge of and passion for the technical experiences
- Experience working on security products is a plus
- Experience facilitating large cross functional groups to achieve a common goal
- Are a voracious learner and coach to people around you, raising the bar for the team.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in anthropology, sociology, psychology, human-computer interaction (or other related field)
To apply for this job please visit www.okta.com.