Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service for over 200 million households around the world. As we continue on our mission to entertain the world, games present an entirely new frontier on this quest and an incredibly exciting opportunity for our business.
To succeed on our mission, we need an unparalleled level of consumer insight to inspire and inform our nascent games initiative. Games on Netflix present a fundamental shift in how our members around the world will perceive and interact with our service. There are a wide range of decisions to be made for our games initiative, spanning product, content, marketing – and their many component teams.
We are looking for a Senior Researcher to join our Gaming and Interactive pod within Consumer Insights. At its core, this person will design and execute foundational research that will inform our games content strategy, how we deliver meaningful game experiences on our service, and ultimately how millions of members around the world learn to interact with Netflix in entirely new ways. This is a chance to jump in at the very beginning of this adventure, and the opportunity for Consumer Insights to impact critical decisions and drive innovation is unprecedented.
In this role, you will
- Establish (with support) the Consumer Insights function for this new area for Netflix.
- Lead global, foundational research (qualitative and quantitative) to drive strategy for our games initiative.
- Explore gaming around the world, uncovering opportunities for Netflix to innovate and differentiate within gaming.
- Partner closely with senior leadership and pertinent partner teams (Design, Studio/Content, Product Management, Data Science, Engineering, Marketing, etc.)
- Drive results into impact, synthesizing and communicating insights throughout the organization (including executive leadership) with clear, compelling deliverables.
- Bring vision to a developing space, identifying the root question(s) to solve for, and how to unearth insights that will inform key business decisions.
- Hands-on experience conducting primary research (agency or client-side).
- Experience in gaming consumer research preferred.
- University Degree in social sciences preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Proficient in presentation, spreadsheet, and word processing programs.
- Experience socializing insights at all levels of an organization, including leadership.
- Familiarity with, and passion for gaming preferred:
- Familiar with the different platforms and experiences available within gaming (e.g. mobile, console, PC, cloud-based), and the variety of game types afforded by each.
- Has experience conducting research on gaming-related (or adjacent) questions.
- Is excited about Netflix’s gaming initiative, and its many opportunities and challenges.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.netflix.com.