Employee engagement is undergoing a fundamental shift in response to economic, demographic, and societal changes. People want to be excited about their work, be connected to their company culture, understand how to succeed, and feel supported across their entire journey as an employee. The Microsoft Viva team is run like a start-up, encouraging team members to share a sense of “founderism.” Team members engage directly with customers, iterate rapidly, and focus on solving the needs of employees around the world and delivering innovative and connected employee engagement experiences.
The Viva Studios team is looking for a Senior UX Researcher who can drive human-centered strategy, help set product direction, and contribute directly to ongoing product development by integrating insights about human behaviors, attitudes, practices, and norms. In this role, you will leverage your skills in evaluative and foundational research to guide near and long-term product experience investments. You will work closely with UX designers, product managers, other user researchers, data science, and engineering to ensure that we are addressing the most critical user needs and opportunities.
We’re seeking a Senior UX Researcher who want to learn, grow, and embody new ways of working. If you embrace growth mindset, have a record of accomplishment of delivering results, and you light up collaborating with other researchers, designers, product managers and engineers this is an awesome team to join.
- Drive research and UX practices that ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion in our product making decisions.
- Build and execute impactful research plans that provide broad market views and deep customer insights needed to inform the product making process.
- Derive insights from quantitative and qualitative data, complementing other research that you will conduct on your own or in partnership with other researchers and stakeholders.
- Continuously inform an engineering roadmap using customer data (qualitative and quantitative).
- Key to this accountability will be identifying gaps and customer pain points, as well as potential customer delighters.
- Land impact broadly from your customer-focused knowledge by working across engineering, design, and marketing disciplines.
- Perform ongoing UX Health studies to evaluate if design-built experiences are at the appropriate level for release to engineering.
- Communicate research findings in compelling ways to all levels of the product team, with the ability to explain methodology, insights, and design recommendations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors Engineering, Computer Science, Technical Communications, Information Science, Information Architecture, User Experience Design, Behavioral Science, Social Sciences, or related field AND 4+ years User Experience Research experience
- OR Master’s Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors Engineering, Computer Science, Technical Communications, Information Science, Information Architecture, User Experience Design, Behavioral Science, Social Sciences, or related field AND 3+ years User Experience Research experience
- OR Doctorate in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors Engineering, Computer Science, Technical Communications, Information Science, Information Architecture, User Experience Design, Behavioral Science, Social Sciences, or related field AND 1+ year(s) User Experience Research experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- Research and/or product planning experience, with demonstrated skill in collecting and analyzing human behavioral data to improve plans and UX in a technology industry setting.
- An advanced degree in HCI (human-computer interaction), market research, human factors, psychology, or a related field with a emphasis on research techniques and understanding humans / designing technology to meet their needs, or a BA/BS in one of these fields with significant industry experience.
- You are eager to learn and understand about user audiences, their behaviors, context(s) and motivations – across all phases of the customer lifecycle and user journey.
- Can demonstrate empathy for these users while balancing the vision and constraints of stakeholders.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment that requires independent time management, task prioritization, and flexibility.
- Track record of operating independently, embracing ambiguity, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized manner.
- Experience building collaborative relationships with peers and stakeholders.