The Microsoft Compass Program is a customer engagement R&D program that serves Microsoft’s Experiences & Devices division (imagine: all our collaboration experiences including Office, Teams, OneDrive/SharePoint, Windows, Devices, and more). As part of our Planning & Research team, we enable any individual within Experiences & Devices to connect directly with customers to understand who they are building for, what they need and why, and how to design the best experiences to meet those needs. The Compass program includes several of Microsoft’s strategic enterprise customers from around the world and a growing collection of small businesses (SMB) and educational institutions (EDU).
Who We Are Looking For
If you have a passion for effective customer relationship engagement and management, collaborative program management, and meaningful research, we would love for you to apply.
As a senior-level contributor on the Compass team, you will be a meaningful part of a growing team that enables the growth and operation of Compass, including our new SMB and EDU panels.
You will partner with a set of global customers and facilitate deep engagement between IT, leadership, and end users (both knowledge workers and first line workers) so that we understand their business needs. You will also craft a regular cadence of engagement to ensure lasting, effective relationships with our customers and the enablement of Microsoft’s impactful R&D value.
The projects you will be a part of include:
- Identifying and onboarding new customers
- Pitching the program (internally and externally)
- Helping us support more of E&D at scale through efficient processes
- Managing relationships and engagements with internal product group stakeholders to ensure their research needs are met,
- Managing relationships and engagements with a set of external customers
- Planning and executing our events that feature roadmap discussions, customer roundtables and extensive customer co-design sprints
- Coordinating engagement projects and research for our team and partners
- Managing our internal and external communications to create awareness and use of our program
- Contributing to key, horizontal research projects yourself
We would love to consider your application if you meet the following requirements:
- 2-3 years of experience collaborating directly with customers
- 3-5 years of experience in program management, consulting, customer engagement, or customer success
- Ability to synthesize qualitative and quantitative data into salient and compelling recommendations for our product teams and executives
- Bachelor’s degree
Location & Travel Requirements
Microsoft offers a flexible work environment, with up to 50% work from home. This position will be based in Atlanta with the expectation that the individual will spend 50% of the time working from the office.
As half of our Compass customers are outside the US (i.e., Europe, UAE, Australia), this position also requires 30-40% of global travel, once it is safe to do so. We believe traveling to our customers contributes to our empathy for their business needs and cultural values.
- Experience effectively managing customer relationships
- Excitement around presenting to Microsoft & customer executives with visionary presentations and engaging stories
- State-of-the-art project management style with experience managing multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Dedication to refining and building upon your existing research skills as well as learning new research methods
- Advanced degree
To apply for this job please visit careers.microsoft.com.