Data is the new currency of the digital world, and Microsoft is uniquely positioned to help business and consumers get the most out of theirs. With the leading database in the world – SQL Server, and the rapidly growing Azure Data platform, Microsoft has made an enormous bet on cloud-based platform components that companies will need to derive knowledge and insights from big data and analytics in the cloud.
Creative impact at this scale is rare and is an enormous opportunity for the right candidate.
You would be joining the Azure Data User Experience (ADUX) team as a Senior User Experience Designer. We’re looking for design leaders whose work reflects a passion for helping people get the most from their data. We’re looking for colleagues who want to embrace complicated problems and have curiosity for exploring new product interaction paradigms. Ideal candidates would show an affinity for designing cohesive experiences across multiple complex back-end services, a sensible and thorough pursuit of user delight, and a track record for delivering thoughtful and impactful products and services.
If you have a thirst for solving complex design problems at all levels – from information architecture to interaction design to prototyping and high-fidelity mockups, are a strong design leader who enjoys collaborating, and thinks conceptually and strategically about design we’re looking for you.
Come join us!
- Contribute to the continuing growth of a strong and highly successful design team.
- Collaborate with other designers to ensure consistency across experiences.
- Communicate, document, and represent design direction to team members, senior management and key stakeholders.
- Ensure the experience vision is driven by a well-defined nucleus of user needs, tasks, marketing and business requirements.
- Work with design, development and program management teams to ensure interaction and visual designs communicate and function successfully for varying technical and performance specifications.
- Work with user researchers to coordinate testing efforts, interpret test results, and incorporate results into design efforts.
- Effectively communicate with developers through implementation phase to realize design vision.
- 6+ years’ experience in product design with a minimum of 4 years’ experience with online services.
- Strong command of all aspects and levels of interaction/UX design from information architecture, to systems and workflows to micro-interactions.
- Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Have superlative visual design skills, think conceptually about design, present excellent problem-solving skills, and exercise the ability to work well in a collaborative team environment.
- Understand the array of technical constraints, user goals and business requirements that shape a product.
- Demonstrate ability to work confidently with Program Management, Development, Product Planning, Brand, Marketing and Usability.
- Proficiency with Figma or Sketch with an understanding of rapid prototyping platforms such as Invision or Principle.
- Experience working within and contributing to a structured design system.
- Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail.
- Additional proficiency and experience in any of the following skills: information visualization, illustration, motion graphics and animation, video, are not a requirement, but a plus!
To apply for this job please visit careers.microsoft.com.