We’re looking for a Senior UX Researcher to work fluidly and collaboratively with the rest of the organization. You’re an experienced researcher with a wide range of qualitative and quantitative research methods. You love experimenting with research and can always find an optimal method for the job and constraints at hand. When the right method doesn’t exist, you invent it. You know when to engage with teams in Design, Product, Engineering, Data Science and which questions to ask, where to probe, and how to land insights across a business. You believe that customer research is everyone’s business and democratize it whenever you can. You know that true insights cannot be “delivered”, but must be “developed”. You’re passionate about products and believe great experiences are always inspired by a deep understanding of people.
- You will create the conditions for product success, by providing strategic research that the team needs at all stages of the product lifecycle, and developing into a growing knowledge center that ensures human empathy and informs product decisions.
- Facilitate research events, using appropriate tools and protocols to understand stated and unstated needs and pain-points.
- De-risk investments by conducting mixed research methods, develop insights that guide our product strategy across teams in Product, Design, Engineering and Data Science.
- Inform multiple product road maps through your research insights.
- Increase the velocity and volume of research within Klaviyo through partnerships, lunch and learns, and at least quarterly “top findings” synthesis.
- Drive changes to product and design through synthesizing and communicating research findings into meaningful recommendations and actionable results in order to inform business decisions. Lead stakeholders in translation of research findings into actionable results.
Experience & Qualifications
- 5+ years designing and executing mixed method research projects that influence business decisions.
- Experience developing or combining research methods to achieve more actionable insights.
- Experience in user-centered design principles, UX standards and fundamental user behaviors.
- Ability to provide thought leadership within the organization to help us stay true to our value of putting the customer first.
- Bachelor or Master degree in HCI, Design, Sociology, Anthropology, Cognitive Psychology or a related field
- Ability to develop creative approaches to researching complex user experience problems and convey ideas in a tangible form.
- You believe that “fun” and “engaging” are as important to research as “robust” and “insightful.” You bring joy to research, while ensuring data integrity and validity.
- Knowledge of research methods and tools for conducting research across devices, with various customer segments and markets (including international).