You will join the Human Factors & Experience Design (HFXD) team and shape OTTAVA™, Johnson & Johnson’s new surgical robotic system. Upon joining our team, you will assume leadership of a group of designers who have end-to-end responsibility for the creation and delivery of designs for the digital touchpoints of the OTTAVA™ system. In this critical role, you will translate high-level business needs into motivating plans, strategies and goals. You’ll grow the designers and, in tandem with other HFXD leaders, help shape a team culture that is inclusive, creative and obsessed with improving experiences for our users. We strive to create impactful work while also creating a positive environment for us all to work in.
- Lead UX design activities for the OTTAVA™ robotic system, partnering closely with architects and leads for design strategy and review.
- Create plans that empower our team to thrive in a way that is aligned with our business objectives and long-term vision.
- Manage bi-weekly design sprints using industry-standard tools (e.g., JIRA)
- Directly supervise 5 to 8 designers with varying levels of experience.
- Develop the careers of the design talent reporting to you with clear, actionable career plans and development activities.
- Participate in design crits and reviews to help elevate the quality of our design outputs.
- Partner with fellow HFXD leaders to shape the team culture and advance the team’s overall impact across experiences we work on.
- Continuously improve UX design processes and tools.
- BA/BS degree in design, engineering, social sciences, or other relevant fields.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 8+ years of professional experience.
- Minimum of 2+ years line managing a UX design team.
- Experience being a hands-on designer and fluent with typical UX design tools (Adobe Suite, Figma, etc.).
- Clear verbal and written communication.
- Experience designing for medical devices.
- Robust understanding of the software implementation process.
- Portfolio giving us a deeper understanding of your candidacy.
- Ability to travel up to 10%, international and domestic, is required.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jnj.com.