The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
This is a 100% remote position we are ideally targeting to hire in the EMEA timezone.
UX Researchers collaborate with our Product Designers, Product Managers and the rest of the community to assist in determining what features should be built, behave and priorities. Not only will you conduct your own research, usually foundational and/or problem/solution validation, you’ll also help to set the guardrails for the PM’s and Product Designers to run their own research.
Research is highly valued at GitLab so instead of trying to justify the value of research, you will instead build strong relationships with your stakeholders and dive deep into the tech to help guide their decisions.
- Become an expert on the users within your allocated area of coverage: know how they use GitLab, their pain points, their workflows, etc.
- Collaborate with Designers, Product Managers and Engineers on research projects.
- Conduct all stages of UX Research: identifying, planning, driving, conducting, analysing and reporting.
- Use a variety of qual and quant research methods to apply to research questions.
- Be an advocate for research with your stakeholders, guiding them on best practice and enabling them to conduct their own research where required.
- Deep experience running mixed-methods research.
- Experience working directly with stakeholders and be comfortable guiding them to the most appropriate research approach (in particular if they have a different opinion).
- Experience working in a highly iterative, fast paced environment. Have the ability to pivot with sudden changes in direction.
- Self-motivated and self-managing.
- Experience with workflows and tooling used by engineering, design and product teams.
- Ideally have experience working on a dev tooling product.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.