The SVP of User Experience (UX) and Design will lead all aspects of the user experience across the Genesys product portfolio:
- Lead the transformation and implementation of a unified UX vision for all our products.
- Collaborate tightly with senior leaders across product management and R&D to innovate and deliver the product roadmap.
- Strengthen the successful execution successful implementation of the UX strategy across Genesys, leveraging design thinking across Genesys and its ecosystem.
- Understand and engage with customers and other stakeholders on comprehensive set of topics, including strategy, roadmaps, and user journey performance.
- Build tight collaborative partnerships with Product Management and R&D to integrate and prioritize UX requirements into product roadmaps, key sprints and product reviews.
- Provide thought leadership and strategy in UX. Evangelize and deploy a user-centered design methodology by representing customer needs throughout the full product development cycle, to create impactful, best-of-class digital experiences.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to envision and iterate a highly desirable, technically feasible and economically viable UX vision for Genesys with industry-leading design standards and practices and emphasizes the importance of modern design aesthetics, design trends, technologies, and best practices.
- Use vision to inspire and prepare for unidentified challenges. Implement and manage change in the UX approach and organization with a high-level executive presence of savvy.
- Lead, manage, coach nurture, and mentor a large global team of multidisciplinary experts and experienced professionals, bringing the highest standard of creativity & design practices.
- Build and Develop the necessary organization to set the overall vision and strategy for the product portfolio, allocate spend, and operate both cross-team and cross-functionally.
- Work closely with other leaders to strengthen design processes and culture and facilitate a design system-centered approach to building experiences in every area of Genesys.
- Work in a highly collaborative and inclusive fashion as a strategic partner with product management, and engineering to define both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for our experiences by grounding these decisions in user needs and insights.
- Create and deliver clear roadmaps for delivering components, patterns, templates, and other
- Design System-related work – Investigate, evaluate, and recommend new and emerging designs, patterns and usability techniques, technologies, and process improvement methodologies.
- Implement the guidelines, tools resources, and processes required to scale great design across
- Genesys’ large product organization and organization boundaries engaging all stakeholders in the journey.
- Lead user experience team members in the collaboration with product strategists and stakeholders to understand business goals and translate those goals into compelling interactive experiences.
- Represent Genesys within the wider UX community, for instance by publishing articles on behalf of Genesys and presenting at conferences as a Genesys discipline leader.
- 10+ years’ experience in leading UX, including 5+ years at scale, with a proven track record demonstrating achievement of driving transformation & change
- 5+ years’ proven demonstrated global leadership experience; building strengthening and leading high-performing teams in fast-paced, exciting environments, driving and catalyzing complex initiatives with empathy
- 5+ years’ experience leading, building developing, and maintaining Enterprise Design Systems
- Experience in collaboratively working with development organizations that engage in Agile development methods
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence guide executives and cross-functional teams across a matrix-style organization to achieve company product, engineering, UX, sales, partners, customer success, legal, HR, finance, and marketing.
- Demonstrated strong meaningful interpersonal skills as evidenced by the ability to build collaboration, employee engagement, diversity, professional development, and trust.
- Ability to sift through ambiguous, complex information and focus on critical priorities, and able to translate strategy into business objectives with clear ownership and accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to influence product direction through a deep understanding of user needs and usability.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the software development lifecycle, including planning, architectural design, development, testing and deployment
- Knowledge of Cloud solutions in high-growth organizations
- The ideal candidate also has UX experience in the Customer Experience space
- Enterprise experience building Design Systems using Atomic Framework
- Working knowledge of Jira and Agile software methodologies or toolsets (Scrum, XP, Kanban, Jira, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of design tools such as Axure, Adobe CS, or similar
- Proven Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate abstract concepts to audiences that are not skilled in a UX discipline
- Engineering and/or technical expertise
- Advanced knowledge of user-centered design patterns and methodologies
- Ability to travel occasionally for workshops and meetings. In-person client travel is required after COVID
- Location in Central or Eastern Time for ideal collaboration across Europe and US team