Data Visualization Designer
While analytics isn’t new, we’re experiencing a renaissance in the science, technology, and application of business analytics today. Which makes it hard to keep up. Many business leaders are facing the dilemma of how best to quickly get up to speed on what analytics can actually deliver in practice. That’s where Deloitte’s Agile Analytics team can help.
Work you’ll do
We are looking to add a Data Visualization Designer to our team to create impactful and dynamic visual interfaces for the next generation Agile Analytics and prototypes. The Data Visualization Designer will work closely with developers, data scientists and clients to understand their challenges and craft solutions that help them to solve their toughest problems. Designers work as part of the Agile Analytics team to contribute to the visualization of frameworks, ideas, and new offerings and businesses. This includes participating in the definition of new concepts and in the exploratory design development process, with direction and coaching from a more experienced designer. Additionally, the Data Visualization Designer plays a key role in supporting the design needs of business development efforts and internal engagements
Strategy Analytics & Cognitive Team
The US Analytics & Cognitive Offering is the premier data-powered and platform-enabled Cognitive Consultancy. We help clients achieve competitive advantage through data and cognitive powered transformations that promote enterprise intelligence, autonomous processes, and precision stakeholder engagement.
Many of the world’s leading businesses count on us to deliver powerful outcomes, not just insights, for their toughest challenges. Fast. Our analytics practice is built around the wide range of needs our clients bring to us. Data scientists, data architects, business and domain specialists who bring a wealth of business-specific knowledge, visualization and design specialists, and of course technology and application engineers.
- A Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of front end design experience are required.
- Available portfolio of in-market examples of successful user interface design, focused on web or mobile.
- Expertise in designing interactive user interfaces and web interface details for various mobile and interactive platforms.
- Demonstrated experience using HTML5, CSS, and Adobe CS tools.
- Ability to work well in teams while independently managing all of the design components related to a given project.
- Experience leading portions of design work.
- Communicates clearly and concisely, both written and verbal.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Ability to travel 50% (During Covid, travel has been suspended, however, in the future travel will be required)
- Limited Visa Sponsorship
In addition, a successful Designer will have the following preferred skills:
- Proficiency in D3.js.
- Experience designing interfaces for wearable technology.
- Experience in animation and videography.
- Experience in data visualization using Tableau or a comparable BI tool.
- Experience with Spotfire, Qlikview, D3, R, SPSS, SAS.
- Graduate degree with a major in Human Computer Interaction or a closely-related design field.
To apply for this job please visit jobsus.deloitte.com.