Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
Converse designs the future. At Converse, designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human creativity. The Design Teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphics designers. Converse designers look to the future, courageously pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the consumer’s experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
ABOUT OUR TEAM
Leading with Digital, Converse is setting a bold strategic plan to enable and inspire consumer self-expression by positioning converse.com as the first and best source for authentic Converse products and experiences.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for a seasoned User Experience Designer to join our Global Digital Team.
The UX Designer is responsible for the design and execution of navigation systems, templates and features across core-commerce experience for multiple phases of a digital product lifecycle while understanding Global User Needs.
We’re seeking an innovative problem solver, a collaborative teammate, and a skilled designer who can prioritize multiple projects of differing scale and scope. You are driven by curiosity and enthusiastic about user-centered experience design and able to handle both high-level vision and detail-focused execution.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Produce high quality user experience design through hybrid wireframe and interface designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps and prototypes.
- Work closely with and across a team of engineers, product managers, strategists and fellow creatives to deliver outstanding solutions to UX design problems.
- Partner with internal brand design teams on the creation of new storytelling experiences.
- Collaborate with team members on user research, customer testing, and iterative feedback loops.
- Rapidly iterate on design prototypes and working applications.
Global UX Leadership
- Actively partner with business partners in Brand and Media to build consumer and brand-right experiences that support marketing and commercial goals, globally.
- Work cross-functionally with Content Strategy, SEO, Digital Design, Analytics, Experience Optimization, Product Management and Development teams to improve existing and new digital commerce experiences to market.
- Partner closely with geo-based business teams to understand and address market-specific needs and opportunities around the globe.
- Help to define, evolve, and disseminate Converse Digital Design standards and best practices to other teams throughout the organization.
- Curious | You are a constant student of standard methodologies and new trends in UX. Consumer technology developments inspire and energize you.
- Open and collaborative | YOU are a specialist, but WE win as a team – you must be comfortable with ambiguity and thrive in a cross-discipline environment.
- Ego-less | We all wear all the hats that need wearing – from high level thinking to in-the-trenches work, your flexibility, positivity and focus on results makes the team successful.
WHAT YOU BRING TO CONVERSE
- 5-8 years of proven experience creating user-centered designs for ecommerce products.
- A portfolio of work showcasing how content, design and interface work together to build great digital experiences.
- Consistent track record of shipping quality software.
- A conceptual problem solver and master of user experience with the ability to produce outstanding design work.
- A high level of proficiency crafting designs and prototypes with Figma and other web-based prototyping tools.
- Experience with web-based usability testing tools.
- Extensive background leading collaboration sessions with various types of specialists and those with differing levels of exposure to UX working methodologies.
- Understanding of underlying technology is vital. You don’t have to be a developer, but you understand what makes things work.
- Bonus points for experience bringing designs to life through animation; i.e. Principle, Flash, After Effects
- Able to function independently and in a team environment
- Outstanding teammate and positive attitude.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and process excellence.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.nike.com.