A User Researcher in BT is accountable for the user research thinking and strategy that supports our squads to craft world class experiences.
Working within the Consumer division you’ll be accountable for providing the team with best-in-class insight to ensure the teams design the best experiences for our customers.
User Researchers within BT enable the team to understand and solve user needs related to products and services.
BT Digital have committed to a ‘Build, Measure, Learn’ approach to User-Centred Design. User research is a crucial part of delivery, and you will ensure appropriate user research support is provided at each of those stages.
We help run research to give designers, product owners & engineers inspiration about how products should work in digital. We help run continual research before/during & after it’s been made to evaluate whether it’s doing what we intended with users.
- User Research – Supporting the adoption of multiple user research methods by all product teams, running the user research process, to support teams to better understand their users.
- Implementing the research strategy - Setting direction from findings back into the wider Digital strategy, and working with other research and insights teams when appropriate.
- Collating and joining up - Responsible for collating findings and ensuring learning activities are not duplicated. Responsible for enabling sharing of research findings across Consumer.
- Implementing findings - Responsible for ensuring research is providing actionable recommendations for continuous improvements to products
- Internal improvements – Supports both generative and summative digitally focused research.
- Continuously improving the practice and deployment of user research across the Digital team
- Be a strong communicator and facilitator
- Previous experience of working as a user researcher and collaboration with product and design teams
- Ability to make users feel at ease, ask the right questions and gather key insights
- Be creative with the presentation of your findings to drive engagement and research adoption across the team and the wider business
- Working in sync with Product Designers, Content Designers and Product Managers
- Be comfortable running research studies yourself, hands-on, from the end to end design thinking process
- Qualitative and quantitative research experience
- Strategic thinking and stakeholder management
- Would be a bonus: experience doing in-person research and accessibility research
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bt.com.