Clearing, Markets & Issuer Services Technology (CMIST) is responsible for application development and support for critical business systems including Repo Edge (collateral management), Enterprise Payment Hub (multi-currency payment processing), and Broker Dealer Clearance (securities clearing), along with approximately 350 other applications used by the following high-priority business services and their clients.
Clearance and Collateral Technology (CCT) within CMIST builds clearance and collateral management platforms to service BNY Mellon’s broker-dealer clients and is the sole provider for Government Securities Clearing Services. Considering the core nature of the business and the dominant market share, high-performance and resiliency are key pillars of the technology architecture. The group is transforming itself into a data-centric organization and we are seeking strong technologists who can adapt to a dynamic and fast-paced work environment. If you thrive on solving problems, thinking critically and creating change, we want you to be a part of our team!
Overview of the role
Data Services team is a shared service team that provides key functional capabilities such as self-service reporting, self-service data analytics, risk analytics, operational reconciliation, and integration of core processes with deployed machine learning models. We are enhancing our team and looking for a User Experience (UX) Designer. to work with us as we transform our Clearance and Collateral Technology (CCT) group into a data driven organization. The Collateral & Clearance Technology group is responsible for building high-performance critical market platforms. The group designs, builds and supports the platform used for US Triparty Repo and Global Collateral Services solutions. This service has 85% of the US Triparty Repo business with $2.7trn of assets globally. This group supports the most critical client-facing services for BNY Mellon.
- Partners with project stakeholder to define user and functional requirements
- Develops and designs innovative product concepts to illustrate the design direction of large projects and initiatives
- Creates storyboards, information architecture, wireframes, detailed user interface designs, interactive prototypes and user interface specifications for our financial applications
- Work with and add to an existing design component library to produce visually appealing user interfaces
- Functions as a user advocate throughout the design process
- Creating UX deliverables in agile development environment
- Creates and maintains user experience guidelines and standards
Acts as principal UX subject matter expert to perform and provide guidance and technical expertise for all, especially the most complex, user experience activities including user research and testing, interactive design, and visual design. Provides comprehensive consultation to management and staff related to user research, usability testing, surveys, interviews, work studies, and heuristic evaluations. Reviews documentation of research findings presented to product and development teams. Defines and reviews new and modified user personas. As subject matter expert, actively participates and provides guidance in the creation of concepts, information architecture, user interface designs, wireframes, storyboards, prototypes, and specifications to meet project schedules. Leads the implementation of visual styles that support platform branding to increase user effectiveness. Consults on and interprets user feedback and insights to improve the user experience. Serves as reviewer of usability activities and artifacts to ensure software applications meet customer expectations for use. Provides UX expertise to the product definition and evaluation process utilizing multiple sources of information (field work, interviews, internet, intranet, market data/literature). Acts as principal consult and leads the creation and updating of user interface and visual design guidelines and standards. Advocates the user experience across the firm and facilities training for groups outside the UX team. Ensures that the developed/revised product achieves the user’s specified goals by establishing user-centered analysis, design, best practices, and standards.Design thinking methodolody (Empathy Research, UX Problem Definition Idiation, Prototying Testing); User Journey Mapping; Service Design UX Methodology; Faciliation and Presentation Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, user experience, design, human computer interaction or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
- 10-12 years of experience required
- 5+ years of related experience with UX
- Experience with all aspects of user-centered design techniques, including user research methodologies such as contextual inquiries, user interviews, user surveys and usability testing
- Experience with UX methodologies such as Design Thinking and Service Design
- Passion for doing what’s best for the end-user through UI design and attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate product concepts through design and translate such concepts into detailed user interfaces and prototypes
- Expert knowledge of design and prototyping tools, particularly Sketch, InVision and/or Figma Toolset
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications with working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or XD.
- Experience in implemented Lean UX in agile development process
- Visual design skills a definite plus
- Very good understanding of web and mobile technologies
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Front end programming skills or working knowledge is a big plus, as we are Operations and Tech department
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
To apply for this job please visit bnymellon.eightfold.ai.