As a Senior Designer in the Design Studios team, you will be a creative thought partner with a strong design background, collaborating as part of a larger team in a fast-paced and everchanging environment. In this 6-12 month temporary role, you will work with our consultant teams, leading and designing projects end to end by executing complex and ambiguous briefs with minimal direction, translating business language and processes into creative ideas, concepts, and engaging stories to achieve our vision and leverage storytelling in compliance with BCG standards.
You’ll participate in creative briefs that capture the business challenge, set timelines, ensure that all deadlines are met, and communicate with clients, and you’ll conceptualize and ideate creative solutions, support all design decisions with creative, strategic, and/or business reasoning, and present creative concepts and discuss ideas with internal clients. Working on multiple creative projects at a time, you’ll drive their execution, confirming that clients are satisfied with the quality of the results and e stablishing rich and engaging partnerships with BCG consultant teams. As a Senior Designer, you will be a mentor for more Junior Designers in the team, providing guidance, direction, training, and support throughout their career development.
YOU’RE GOOD AT
- You enjoy creating compelling and holistic creative visual solutions including branding and logos, brochures, infographics, iconography, (interactive) presentations, storyboards, posters, data visualization, corporate communications, web banners, prototypes and consumer mock-ups, marketing and e vent materials, etc. for cases, proposals, workshops, and campaigns, meeting high expectations and BCG standards.
- You’re able to develop and lead projects from creative brief to final deliverable, selecting and developing assets and coordinating and overseeing the final production, thanks to your strong understanding of digital and print-ready artwork preparation; bleeds, and related color and image operations.
- You’re skilled at solving problems under a consultative approach, ensuring adequate communication with stakeholders while managing potential interruptions and issues encountered during the project execution through effective decision-making.
- You’re eager to pitch creative concepts, mock-ups, and new and innovative ideas to internal and external clients.
- You’re able to translate business language, processes, and complex ideas into beautiful visualizations and compelling visual stories, balancing creativity, design thinking, and innovation with business acumen.
- You have a gift for mentoring junior team members, providing innovative thinking to the Design team, and working closely with the Design Lead on developing and implementing trainings.
- You have structured self-organization and strong teamwork, collaboration, and communication skills. You are flexible, resilient, and highly committed, with a confident manner and the proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging, and highly innovative design environment.
- You are energized by design challenges that require discovery, thought partnership, innovative thinking, and team collaboration, and you are equally up to the challenge of creating great work as an individual contributor.
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- You have a bachelor’s degree in fine arts, graphic design, visual communication, or a related field.
- You have at least six years of experience in a professional services environment, design start-up, or design agency.
- You have proven, excellent knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.) as well as MS Office (interactive PowerPoint); experience with Adobe Premiere, AfterEffects, Sketch, and InVision Studio, Verint and ArcMap are a plus.
- You’ve gained experience working in a collaborative design environment; work experience in global teams is a plus.
- You have robust B2B experience, deep knowledge of business language, and proven client-facing experience, with persuasive and dynamic presentation skills.
- You have strong knowledge of visual design and visual theory (i.e., composition, color the ory, typography, etc.), a sharp e ye for layout design, and a strong affinity for the latest design trends and new media (augmented/virtual reality, social media, etc.).
- You’ve built a strong portfolio.
- You have excellent English language skills; other languages may be requested in certain locations.
YOU’LL WORK WITH
A career in design at BCG involves bringing deep strategic, user experience, and visual expertise into product development, helping to deliver breakthrough products that engage and inspire. We have extensive knowledge of design thinking and human -centered design, and are fluent in the latest technological innovations.
We are Design Studios, an in-house creative agency comprised of cutting-edge professionals creating premium designs. We are a global, multidisciplinary team of design strategists, creative leaders, and digital experts. We craft powerful design stories for BCG to deliver inspiring solutions to our clients’ challenges. As part of BCG, Design Studios partners with consultants and clients to shape our brand by elevating our work through the power of des ign. We offer guidance and orientation through a strategic and audience -centric approach, and apply design, technology, and media solutions to take BCG’s achievements to the next level.
As bold design leaders, we are fresh, punchy, and playful, while committed to delivering premium business excellence. We recognize how to transform complex ideas into compelling visual experiences, and how to activate new commercial opportunities at the intersection of business and design. We value innovation, co-creation, inspiration, and the business impact that design achieves. We believe in the art of the possible and in applying creative solutions to business challenges. We believe we can advance the world by conquering its complexity through a universal human language – design.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bcg.com.