We are seeking an Experience Researcher for a contract role to partner with product managers, designers, and engineers on our digital video & audio team. In this role, you will drive research from initial early explorations through to shipping product, guiding our video, AI, and Machine Learning product teams through a variety of research methods.
Length of primary engagement: 6 months (40 hrs per week). Ideal start date is December 4th.
- Assess a project’s scope, determine appropriate research questions, and identify appropriate research methods (developing new ones as needed).
- Run research studies from start to finish, including: developing a realistic research plan and materials, recruiting participants, and synthesizing data into findings.
- Advocate for the customer by articulating research findings and product ideas through clear and insightful presentations.
- Engage and collaborate with different roles across the company and product teams to understand and influence business goals, system architecture, and product designs.
- Present work in group-wide forums.
- Build alliances across the company to identify new partners, drive collaboration, and deeply understand the business context of research problems.
- Significant hands-on research experience, with at least 3 years of that experience as a Researcher in an industry setting (UX Research, Market Research, consulting, etc.). Unfortunately, experience as a Designer does not count towards this requirement.
- Able to handle areas (user/product/domain) that may be ambiguous or ill-defined.
- Proven ability to use multiple qualitative research methods and are able to explain the rationale for using each one.
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Can collaborate effectively across all project roles (design, research, product management, engineering, etc.
- An understanding of the product life cycle and ability to time research to have maximum impact.
- Don’t just summarize study data – go one step further to identify meaningful user needs and/or product issues.
- Can proactively identify and communicate clear product solutions based on these findings, sometimes across organizational departments.
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas, sometimes in various ways to meet the needs of different recipients (written reports, user profiles, scenarios, etc.).
- Experience presenting work at the management, director, and VP levels.
- Awareness of UX industry trends, incorporating new research techniques when appropriate.
- An undergraduate degree from a 4-year, accredited institution.
- Existing knowledge of the video editing process and/or video editing software
- Deep interest and familiarity with Generative AI
- Familiarity with or interest in Adobe’s creative tools
- Quantitative research skills like: survey writing and analysis, tree testing, first click analysis, etc.
- An advanced degree in psychology, anthropology, data science, or a related field.