As an Interaction & Service Designer, you:
- Tackle client challenges with compelling research, design, and storytelling.
- Act as a great teammate, bringing your diverse skills and passion for solving problems.
- Think systemically, connecting products, services, and data, while keeping the human at the centre of your craft.
- Enjoy working closely with innovation practitioners, data scientists, and strategists to solve client problems and build new solutions.
- Solve design problems end-to-end, from identifying user needs and generating concepts, defining, prototyping and crafting products and services.
- Support and execute design research activities.
- Synthesise research to uncover insights and design rapid prototypes for stakeholder testing.
- Collaborate with other designers, innovation practitioners, data scientists, and strategists.
- Communicate ideas and concepts to internal and external stakeholders.
- Support new business development efforts by providing expert guidance in pitch efforts and proposals.
- Consistently push the boundaries of your design craft to explore emerging areas such as artificial intelligence, voice, and mixed reality.
- Act as a design ambassador for The Dock; attending and leading community events, workshops, and conferences.
- Support the wider project team with the day-to-day execution of the project plan.
- Support in designing and delivering client workshops and experiences.
- 3 – 4 years of design experience (post graduate studies can cover 1-2 years).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Interaction, Product, Visual, UX/UI and/or Service Design.
- Proficiency with the latest software and design applications including Figma, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- A digital design portfolio demonstrating your strategic and creative contribution in various projects.
- Have a digital design portfolio showcasing problem-solving through concepts.
- Skilled in using design and prototyping software like Figma and Adobe CC.
- Experience with AI design tools.
- Excellent communication skills, including presenting and discussing design choices, and both providing and receiving design feedback.
- Familiarity with the principles of interaction, service design, rapid prototyping and human centred design
- Client-oriented with a dedication to adding business value through design.
- Demonstrated strategic and creative contribution in various projects.
- Willingness to receive and act on feedback, crafting and adjusting designs accordingly.
- Ability to work with the Design/Project lead to explore and refine multiple design concepts.