We are looking for a Senior UX Researcher, Password Manager to join our growing Research team at 1Password to support our continued learning and product development efforts on our 1Password password manager product. We’re a team that’s excited to learn and experiment. We nurture a safe and creative environment where we can continuously grow and produce impactful work, while having fun doing it!
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, highly curious, has a passion for UX research and solving user problems. You not only have the experience in conducting end-to-end qualitative and quantitative research studies using mixed methods in a software environment, but also help influence, drive and build a product vision in partnership with product managers. Your research has the potential to impact key decisions regarding our design and direction.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
Qualifications & Experience
- 3+ years of relevant UX research experience, preferably in a software development or technology environment.
- Strong UX research portfolio that demonstrates meaningful business impact
- A proven track record of leveraging UX research and insights that drove both short-term tactical impact and help set long-term product vision and direction for the business
- A proven track record for successfully shipping meaningful value and delight to the end customer, and to the business
- Experience designing and leading a variety of research projects including but not limited to remote user interviews, usability tests, surveys, etc.
- Hands-on experience across the entire toolkit of exploratory and evaluative qualitative research methods. You know how to choose the method that best answers your question
- Ability to efficiently analyze qualitative and quantitative data using industry best practices
- Ability to work closely with Product Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, Product Marketers and Content Designers to make sure your research supports and helps to define goals, timelines and deliverables for everyone’s work
- You collaborate using strong communication, written documentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to not only present findings from UX Research in a clear, concise way, but also drive actionable next steps and follow-throughs with key stakeholders
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Awareness of the top-level business data, and uses it to contextualize your work
- Experience running research studies across mobile and desktop. You don’t always default to usability testing, but you love testing products with people when it makes sense to do so
- Experience coaching and mentoring others on research practices
- Able to balance robust studies with the practicalities of delivering work in a growing complex market. You can see when research isn’t needed
Responsibilities & Requirements
We hope that over time you become an advocate for our customers, help raise the bar for research at 1Password, become a trusted partner to your key stakeholders, and scale the influence of good research through developing others, mentorship, coaching or educating others.
- Familiarize yourself with our past, present, and planned UX Research initiatives
- Familiarize yourself with current product roadmap and strategic priorities
- Meet with key stakeholders to learn about their roles & responsibilities, and start to think about how you and research can help
- Learn about the various customer-facing departments and sit in on customer calls to start to develop early understanding of customer pain points
- Start to support the Password Manager Trifecta team and address their learning needs
- Deeply understand the Password Manager product roadmap. Design and conduct research studies to address key questions
- Analyze and present actionable findings using our UX Research practices to key stakeholders
- Make recommendations to and participate in customer-empathy building initiatives
- Support the analysis and development of foundational research artifacts
- Foster key relationships with cross-functional stakeholders
- Participate in H2 2023 product roadmap planning and partner closely with PM, Design and Eng to help shape H2 roadmap
- Lead the Password Manager Voice of the Customer initiative
- Own and lead research enablement on Password Manager
- Develop, innovate and iterate on user research best practices
- Run regular UX Research studies and workshops
- Provide suggestions/recommendations and actively participate in the on-going improvement of UX Research and research practices at 1Password
- Anticipates “white space” opportunities; Make research recommendations and participate in 2024 planning